CREATIVE AND TECHNOLOGY COMPANIES LAND AT HAMMERSMITH’S AIRCRAFT FACTORY
CBRE, Frost Meadowcroft and HNG have signed the first 30,000 sq ft at the Aircraft Factory in Hammersmith after its complete refurbishment at a rent range of £52.50 to £59.00 per sq ft.
The six lettings have been to the global software firm Deltek, betting comparison site Oddschecker, architects Sybarite, media technology company Magnetise Solutions, engineering software provider Aveva and artisan wholesaler and retail operator Origin Coffee.
- Deltek, represented by JLL is relocating from other offices in Hammersmith and has signed an eight-year lease on 13,000 sq ft on the part ground and 1st floor.
- Oddschecker, represented by Morgan Pryce, has taken 6,500 sq ft on a 5 year lease on the part 1st floor.
- Sybarite have taken a 5 year lease of 4,700 sq ft on the penthouse floor.
- Aveva, who have moved from Bruton Street in the West End, have taken a 5 year lease of 3,800 sq ft on the part 3rd floor.
- Magnetise Solutions have taken 1,000 sq ft on part 2nd floor.
- The building’s 200 sq ft ground floor café has been taken by Origin Coffee.
The Aircraft Factory has a fascinating history, dating back to the late 19th century, when it was built as a Waring & Gillow furniture factory. During the First and Second World Wars it was utilised to produce planes and employees skilled in producing fine furniture were set to making military aircraft, including the iconic Mosquito Fighter.
After the war the building was briefly used as a film set for the 1936 Alfred Hitchcock film Secret Agent. In the movie, the building appeared as a Swiss chocolate factory.
The Aircraft Factory provides a total of 78,000 sq ft of creative office accommodation. The building also benefits from a number of private roof terraces and landscaped communal areas.